Does your Ontario water technology company need a business boost? Tap into trusted, effective sector expertise with WaterTAP’s Direct Assistance program, designed to bring short-term, boots-on-the-ground expertise that can help your company quickly overcome strategic, operational, and financial challenges.
Eligible projects fall within these categories:
- Business development and strategy definition
- Business idea and value proposition
- Marketing and communications
- Partnerships and consortia
- Policy and regulatory research
- Preparation to receive investment, grants, and funding
Not sure how (or if) your business challenge fits these categories? Contact WaterTAP—we can help you determine your project scope. Simply submit this simple form to begin the discussion.
How does Direct Assistance work?
Applying for the Direct Assistance program involves four steps.
- Complete this simple form. Indicate the project area, give a brief description of the project components, and explain how the project will help your business grow.
- Discuss the project scope and eligibility with a WaterTAP project manager.
- Submit a formal detailed application.
- If your application is successful, WaterTAP will prepare an agreement for your company and initiate the project.
From the first point of contact to the project initiation, the application process may take between 4 to 6 weeks. WaterTAP reserves the right to defer successful applications until the next project cycle.
Is there funding available for projects?
The total project cost is established at prevailing market rates. WaterTAP has limited funds available to offset project costs, subject to eligibility criteria. Participating companies are expected to make a contribution to the total project cost based on their size and ability to pay. In certain exceptional circumstances, company contributions may be deferred or be payable on an income-contingent basis.
Your company must have a presence in Ontario, or must be able to demonstrate interest in establishing a presence in Ontario in connection with the project.
Successful applicants will be required to provide feedback and a follow-up report
This application cycle is currently closed. Please check back for details on the next round.
How to apply
The Direct Assistance program is presently full. Please contact us to learn when new openings may be available.