The Ontario Ministry of International Trade, in partnership with the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service invite Ontario companies to take part in Urban Infrastructure mission to India from May 15-20, 2017.
The mission will consist of a series of seminars and roundtables in Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh) and Hyderabad (Telengana) followed by participation at Municipalika 2017 to be held in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra from May 18-20, 2017.
India has witnessed rapid urbanisation with its urban population growing from 286 million in 2001 to 377 million in 2011, constituting 31.16% of the country’s population. India’s urban population is expected to reach 590 million by 2030, contributing to 70% to the country’s GDP.
According to a McKinsey report, by 2030 India will have 6 mega cities with a population of over 10 million, 13 cities of 4 million, and 68 cities with population of over 1 million. In order to meet the challenges associated with significant urban growth, the Government of India has announced several new ambitious initiatives including 100 new Smart Cities; Swachh Bharat (Clean India) Mission; Housing for All by 2022; Corridor projects, and Make in India.
Municipalika 2015 saw 21 participating Canadian companies and made a significant impact on India’s infrastructure scene, with several companies forging partnerships and pursuing key opportunities as a result of their participation. The 2017 mission will again provide a unique platform for Canadian companies to understand the tremendous opportunities that exist in India and how to access them, to share expertise, foster partnerships and meet key business contacts.
This mission will help Canadian companies and trade associations understand the significant opportunities in India, as well as assist them in making key contacts across the public and private sector in order to pursue future opportunities.
Participation fee: $250 CAD
The mission package includes
- Business-to-business meetings organized by the Trade Commissioner Service and partners.
- Business roundtable and B2Bs in Vijaywada, Hyderabad and Mumbai.
- Participation in official receptions and networking events.
- Opportunity to participate in the Ontario-Canada Pavilion at Municipalika.*
- Access to meeting room at Municipalika for business meetings.
- Preferred rates for hotels in Vijaywada, Hyderabad and Mumbai.**
- Inclusion of the company profile and logo in the mission documentation kit
Trade Mission Schedule
- May 14: Arrival in Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh), India
- May 15: Participation in day-long event focused on Indian Urban Infrastructure Opportunities and B2B Meetings
- May 16: Travel to Hyderabad followed by opportunity roundtable, B2B Meetings and networking reception
- May 17: Travel to Mumbai and high profile networking reception
- May 18-20: Participation at Municipalika 2017, B2B meetings and site visits
- May 20: Mission wrap up
To register or for more information please contact Akhil Tyagi, Area Director-South Asia, Ministry of International Trade, Export Services Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Space is limited and allocation is on a first-come basis. For more information, please visit: www.municipalika.com
**Participants will be responsible for flights, accommodation, meals and other local costs.