Position: B2B Content Writer and Strategist – Water Treatment Technologies
Full-Time, Salaried + Benefits
Application Deadline: April 21, 2017
We’re looking for an experienced B2B Content Writer and Strategist with a deep understanding and diverse portfolio in the water treatment and/or clean-tech market sectors. This is a unique opportunity to work closely with entrepreneurs in Ontario’s thriving water sector and help growing companies successfully promote their innovative water and wastewater technologies and services to domestic and international markets.
The Content Writer and Strategist will be responsible primarily for the timely and effective production of monthly e-newsletters for several WaterTAP clients. This is a fast-paced, deadline-driven role that requires a highly organized and creative individual to direct the content strategy, conduct research, interview subject matter experts, draft e-news articles and manage the approval process. In any given month, up to 20 short articles, for multiple clients, could be required. Occasionally, the Content Writer may also be asked to assist in preparing materials that promote and report WaterTAP success stories to clients and stakeholders.
Knowledge and experience in the water sector or technology-related businesses are essential. The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running and quickly master the responsibilities and fast pace of this role.
If you’re someone who loves a highly collaborative work environment, enjoys learning about water treatment processes and technology, can translate complex concepts into simple, clear, value-driven messaging, and thrives in a challenging, fast-paced workplace, we’d like to meet you.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in WaterTAP’s Toronto office.
The Content Writer and Strategist will work closely with WaterTAP E-newsletter Program clients to help identify and share their best stories with their online communities. The role requires frequent interaction with a broad range of subject matter experts including company executives, engineers, operators, distributors, sales managers and more. Building and strengthening relationships within this network is essential to plan and produce rich and compelling e-news content that will help WaterTAP clients to:
- Generate high-quality sales leads
- Inform and educate readers
- Establish the company as an industry expert
- Drive traffic to the company website
- Strengthen client relationships
- Reinforce the company brand promise
In collaboration with the Program Manager, the Content Writer and Strategist will develop an editorial strategy and calendar that supports the business development and communication goals of each E-Newsletter Program client. The Content Writer and Strategist will be responsible for fulfilling the content requirements for each client by conducting interviews and research and producing brief, informative and impactful articles for each newsletter. The Content Writer will also oversee the layout and approval steps to deliver a finished product to each client.
The Content Writer may also become involved in producing marketing and communication deliverables for clients enrolled in WaterTAP’s Direct Assistance Program. For these projects, the Content Writer will occasionally help to generate targeted materials that directly support client business activities and sales efforts, such as brochures, website copy, magazine articles and more.
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of five years of relevant B2B communications experience in water/wastewater technologies and/or cleantech-related businesses
- A portfolio of published works that span a variety of B2B communications projects and includes several of the following deliverables: e-newsletters, social media content, corporate marketing materials, trade media articles, white papers, press releases, web copy, scripts for video and animations
- Academic training in journalism, marketing communications and or related academic or technical experience in environment, engineering, sciences or
- Demonstrated ability to develop communications strategy that reflects a company’s business and brand development goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work collaboratively within a multifunctional team and with multiple clients
- Superior organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects, coordinate information and materials from multiple sources, manage workflow within a team, and consistently meet deadlines
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Adept in background research and in preparing for and conducting interviews with technical subject matter experts such as engineers, project managers, field services personnel and company executives.
- Ability to quickly grasp the capabilities and benefits of water/wastewater technology and engineered solutions
- Advanced understanding of corporate branding, communications planning and translating key messages into targeted client communications
- Familiarity with e-mail marketing and photo editing software
- Proficiency in engaging with clients primarily by telephone, video conference and e-mail
Specific Measures of Success
- Maintains high level of productivity with high degree of on-time task completion.
- Effectively manages client relationships to ensure deliverables support client business development and communications objectives
- Maintains a strong connection to each client and functions as a trusted, knowledgeable and approachable resource that is perceived as an extension of the client team
- Continually seeks to improve knowledge and awareness of the Ontario water sector from all relevant perspectives including companies, technologies, policies, industry events and associations, global and local influences, etc.
- Supports the WaterTAP team as required to enable team success and strengthen the WaterTAP value proposition and reputation
- Ensures 100% accountability and compliance with all applicable policies and procedures
Interested candidates should reply with a cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com no later than Friday, April 21, 2017.