This position is closed.
The Water Technology Acceleration Project (WaterTAP) has championed Ontario’s status as a world leader in water technology innovation for almost a decade. It brings private sector knowhow to the ecosystem connecting entrepreneurs, utilities and investors, helping them find the resources they need to grow, thrive and ultimately meet the growing global demand for clean water solutions.
With water spending expected to reach $1 trillion a year by 2020, there is a real opportunity for Canada to build on its strengths in the sector and become a leading water solutions country. WaterTAP intends to be at the nexus of this opportunity; to be a national organization connecting Canadian water technology companies to resources that accelerate their commercialization, market adoption, and growth, making Canada one of the top three innovation hubs for water technology globally.
One of the key strategic issues impacting Canada’s water sector is access to capital – ranging from early-stage angel and venture financing through growth capital, private equity, and project finance. WaterTAP is searching for the right candidate to join the WaterTAP team as Director, Capital Program Development to deliver impactful results on this important goal.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director, Capital Program Development is responsible for all aspects of improving access of water technology companies to capital, including non-dilutive capital, various forms of equity, and project finance to enable Canada’s water technology companies to access the financial resources they require to reach global scale and a position of international market leadership.
The Director ensures that WaterTAP develops effective solutions to address the access-to-capital gap per the organization’s strategic plan and has an identifiable and impactful role in contributing to “success stories” of sector organizations attracting significant capital. Specifically, the Director will:
- Identify specific challenges that have historically represented barriers to access to increased capital investment in Canada’s water technology sector.
- Identify potential government policy tools and initiatives that may be proposed to improve access to capital within the sector.
- Develop and validate supporting programs, training courses, events, and other initiatives that are designed to improve fundraising outcomes in Canada’s water technology sector.
- Work one-on-one with companies to ensure they are ready to raise capital, introduce them to potential investors, and help them structure deals.
- Develop and maintain a wide range of relationships with investors, government organizations, sector support organizations.
- Facilitate program development through vendors and delivery through internal resources and partnerships with appropriate organizations throughout Canada.
Requirements & Application
The person filling this position must have investment and/or entrepreneurial experience, preferably with cleantech companies, as well as a minimum of five years of experience in commercializing new technologies or bringing new products to market.
To apply in confidence, send a cover letter and Word version resume to hr@WaterTAPontario.com.
Applications will be reviewed commencing May 31, 2018 and the position shall remain open until a suitable candidate has been engaged.