The Canadian Consulate in Houston is looking for innovative Canadian companies to showcase their technologies by attending the Canadian Clean Technologies Showcase, scheduled for September 11-14, 2018 in Houston, Texas. Companies in the alternative/renewable sector industry and clean technologies in general are welcome to attend.
The Canadian Consulate in Houston will submit the applications received to Rice Alliance, which will evaluate the applications and select the companies that will participate at the program and will present at the Rice Alliance Venture Forum.
Participation at the Forum includes:
- Tuesday, September 11: Coaching session on elevator pitch presentations to take place at the Canadian Consulate in Houston.
- Wednesday, September 12: Participation in Investor Office Hours: introductory, 1-on-1 meetings with venture capitalists, corporate investors, and other angel investors. Last year’s participants had a minimum of 4 1-on-1 meetings each.
- Thursday, September 13: Opportunity to present a 4 mins pitch company to 400+ attendees at the Venture Forum, participation in the Company Showcase and other opportunities to network with local industry leaders.
There are several reasons for a company to participate at this event:
- To gain access to potential funding
- To gain visibility and traction within the energy and clean tech communities in Texas
- To attract potential customers
- To cultivate alliances or partnerships with other companies.
The deadline to present a complete application to the Consulate is Friday, July 6, 2018. Please contact Maria Bofill (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the Canadian Consulate in Houston for details and an application. Company submissions will be evaluated by a panel of technology experts within the industry, and selection announcements will be made Thursday, July 12, 2018. There is no cost for Canadian companies to apply or to present.