The Trade Commissioner Service in Manila is hosting a waste-to-energy trade mission to the Philippines. The initiative will serve as a platform to encourage discussion about waste management with a view to highlight a range of technological, social, and circular economy solutions to manage waste.
The Philippine Waste-to-Energy Industry:
- Market rules and government policies for Renewable Energy (RE) and Bioenergy are in place (fiscal and non-fiscal incentives)
- Estimated Waste Generation (EWG) in Metro Manila is 9,499.43 tons per day or 3.4M tonnes per year
- As of June 2018, 147 operating SLFs in the Philippines, 323 LGUs has access to SLFs, or only 19.77% of total LGUs has access to SLFs
- As of October 2018: 46.22MW Thermal Conversion, 16.30MW Landfill Gas Extraction, and 29.79 Biogas new projects registered with Department of Energy
Benefits of Participation:
- Tailored business-to-business and/or business-to-government meeting program organized by the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service in Manila
- Maximum opportunities for interaction with key decision makers from Philippine government agencies and developers
Registration is free of charge. Register your company by February 28, 2019.