Date of Job Posting: January 2, 2019
Application Deadline: February 1, 2018
Position Role: Operations
Position Level: Manager
Position Type: Part-Time
Position Location: Ottawa, Ontario
The Global Water Institute at Carleton University was established last year and is looking for an Operations Manager who will mainly be responsible for the following tasks. The position can be part-time or full-time. The salary will be determined based on the education, skill and experience level. Applicants with graduate degrees and proposal writing experience will be preferred. The position offers opportunities for leadership development.
- Manage the daily operations of the Institute
- Seek funding opportunities for the operations of the Institute (including his/her own salary after a one year period)
- Assist with proposal writing to secure external funds
- Conduct outreach to local business/organizations interested in water research
- Business Development Initiatives and contracts associated with federal programs
- Plan and organize networking and outreach events for the Institute
- Build a social media presence ( twitter, instagram, etc.)
- Write content for the web page
- Co-ordinate the meetings of the advisory board
Submit Your Application: email@example.com
Specific Instructions for Email Applications:
Please submit your CV and a cover letter summarizing your interest, career goals, and past experience in relation to the position in one pdf file. Additional supporting material can be included.
All applications received will be reviewed in the first week of February and the position will stay open until it is filled.