Date of Job Posting: January 31, 2019
Position Role: Engineering
Position Level: Intermediate
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Whitby, Ontario
Applications Engineer Opportunity at Real Tech Inc.
Real Tech Inc. designs and manufactures a comprehensive product line of advanced, real-time, water quality monitoring sensors and custom software analytics to bring continuous intelligence to water and wastewater processes. With clients in over 50 countries around the world including Fortune 500 companies, large and small municipal water and wastewater treatment plants, major water industry leaders, and government agencies, Real Tech is advancing how water is managed to improve global water quality. Real Tech has been the recipient of numerous awards and nominations including the 2017 BlueTech Forum Technology Award, Deloitte Technology Green 15 award for four consecutive years and the 2015 Whitby Business Achievement Award. Our CEO is the 2012 RBC Women Entrepreneur of the Year Award Winner and a 2016 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award Finalist. Real Tech is an innovative, forward-thinking company that boasts a high retention rate of both clients and team members and is making a real impact to the world of water. To help drive our rapidly growing business, we are seeking an Applications Engineer to join our team.
Our Ideal Candidate
If you bring a strong technical aptitude with a combination of business expertise and impeccable relationship building skills, along with an adaptable persistence to drive growth you are who we are looking for! We are looking for someone who is experienced in the water industry with previous application development responsibility, can manage new client application demands to solve problems and drive value for our clients’ numerous application demands. The candidate should be able to work closely with the sales team to provide technical support, as well as the engineering and marketing teams to drive growth applications, and someone who wants to make an impact to protect our world’s most precious resource by helping our clients improve their water and wastewater processes.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental or another engineering field
- 3-5 years of direct experience developing applications and driving value proposition focus in water industry
- Attention to detail, highly organized and effective time management skills
- Possess a results-oriented, proactive work ethic
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with multiple priorities and projects under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, driven, willingness to learn, problem-solver and professional
- A degree in engineering a must, master’s or Ph.D. an asset
- A valid driver’s licence and clean driving record
- A valid passport and willingness for international travel
Real Tech is looking for an experienced Applications Engineer to be responsible for providing product applications assistance to prospective municipal and industrial clients as well as channel partners and sales reps across several industrial sectors including: oil and gas, chemical, pulp and paper, and food & beverage.
- Communicate with existing and potential clients to understand their specific processes to identify client challenges and needs focusing on driving value
- Travel to industrial client sites for the purpose of gathering field application information and to assess client specific needs
- Drive a culture that is highly responsive to clients, providing accurate, comprehensive and timely information
- Will work closely with sales team to develop and present customized solutions proposals to various clients for their application needs
- Provide comprehensive technical and after sale support to channel partners and industrial end users as needed
- Interpret client specific drawings and understand client processes
- Collaborate with sales team on pricing and lead time negotiations for customized solutions
- Provide marketing team with application specific content, aiding in the production of case studies and white papers, and willing to present results / studies at events
- Work closely with engineering team to determine solution feature requirements and identify system improvements and new features needed for various industrial client applications
Submit Your Application: email@example.com
Specific Instructions for Email Applications:
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.