Key Account Manager
Date of Job Posting: April 3, 2019
Application Deadline: May 31, 2019
Position Role: Sales
Position Level: Manager
Position Type: Full-Time
Position Location: Toronto, Ontario
Canada and the United States need to rebuild their aging water infrastructure. This will cost $1 Trillion over the next 20 years to replace pipes, pumps, valves, treatment equipment and the software to run them all.
WatrHub is the only source of predictive market information on how, when, and why these water infrastructure investments will be made. Our AI engine transforms millions of public documents into actionable sales leads and market insights. Technology Vendors and Engineering Firms subscribe to WatrHub to secure their next water utility clients and bring their advanced, efficient technologies to our aging water infrastructure.
We are well positioned to revolutionize the water industry and bring forth an unprecedented level of market efficiency and transparency. We are looking for ambitious, energetic, and tech-savvy account executives to fuel the rapid commercialization of our disruptive Artificial Intelligence solutions.
We are hiring a Key Account Manager to join our rapidly growing Sales Team which will handle the full cycle support of our current and prospective clients. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, conducting prospecting efforts e.g. identify sales opportunities; securing new Enterprise accounts; handling the on-boarding of new clients and end-user adoption; maintaining ongoing client relationships provide day-to-day client best practice and support; promoting WatrHub's capabilities and products to clients; achieving customer retentions, upsell, and sales goals.
The ideal candidate will be as passionate about WatrHub's products as they are about providing an exceptional experience for every customer. This candidate will be fanatical about client success and tenacious at driving long-term value for clients.
The position will be based out of our Toronto Headquarters.
What You Will Accomplish
- Rapid career growth and untapped earning potential: You will have the opportunity to achieve rapid career growth and earning potential by successfully closing deals and growing existing Enterprise accounts as you execute on WatrHub's land-and-expand strategy.
- Onboarding: Take ownership of onboarding new clients, managing adoption and actioning of WatrHub's Monthly Precision Targeting reports within clients' sales & marketing organizations.
- Account Plans: You will develop and build account plans to capture client needs, and develop strategies to drive significant revenue growth within your assigned accounts. You will translate client requirements into an optimum product delivery requirement to generate Monthly Precision Targeting reports and One-Time Reports. Excellent at understanding true client needs as opposed to what they say they need. The final gate-keeper of the reports to ensure they meet user needs and deliver value to clients.
- Become a Trusted Advisor: You will become a Trusted Advisor to your assigned accounts & targets. You will manage the entire client's buying process from prospecting, discovery, proof of concept, scoping, budget approval, close, and ongoing account management.
- Close Deals: You will get a head start to quota attainment by helping accelerate a number of opportunities within WatrHub's existing Sales Funnel.
- Gain Insightful Market Information: Harvest market feedback directly from client interactions to identify untapped value creation opportunities for WatrHub's Management and Product team to refine our product & marketing strategy and help you expand your accounts faster.
- Relationship Building: You will build high level relationships with key decision makers and champions within your assigned Accounts to ensure WatrHub is always top of mind as they expand their investments in Digital, AI, and Data. You will provide on-going relationship management with users through weekly touch points and engaging calls and meetings; proactively manage user expectations, identify client success risks, and issues; and provide first line customer support in a timely, professional, and courteous manner. We expect 24 hour turn-around time for all client communication, and a 1 to 5 business days resolutions to most client issues, depending on severity and complexity.
- Industry Expertise: Develop and maintain deep industry expertise in water infrastructure markets and WatrHub's analytics, library of indicators and triggers to create value and client success outcomes for assigned clients.
- Presentations: Deliver polished presentations to clients based on insights from Monthly Precision Targeting reports and beyond. You will own and deliver all client facing presentations throughout the customer journey.
- Proven to have worked successfully within a dynamic sales model, closing deals with multiple stakeholders in an enterprise B2B sales environment.
- Account executive experience identifying client problems and suggesting solutions, as well as building relationships over the phone and in person and locating key decision makers quickly within prospective organizations.
- Proven track record of building strong relationships, being accountable for client success, and delivering value to clients with every interaction.
- Your approach to selling is extremely disciplined and refined. You can get anyone to a yes, but you know that's not what it's about. You're not looking for the first person to say yes, you're looking for the right person to say yes. And when you find that person, you will close the deal quickly and effectively.
- You have strong business acumen and are seen by your clients as a trusted advisor.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, and analytical skills with the ability to think creatively and be resourceful when assisting clients.
- You are passionate about people, enjoy building and managing relationships, are empathetic, and can quickly establish rapport in a variety of settings. About 80% of your time will be spent speaking with clients and coworkers.
- Demonstrated experience managing client expectations and having difficult conversations, with a focus on reaching positive outcomes.
- Skilled at escalation and issue management, and managing customer expectations.
- Executive level communication, consultative and presentation skills are essential.
- Willingness to travel (less than 25% of time and primarily in the US).
- You are comfortable using a CRM software, e.g. Salesforce to manage your sales process, and leveraging analytics to drive constant self-improvement and process improvement - for yourself and your team.
- You love what you do and you want to be part of a special kind of company - making real impact and being rewarded for it.
- This is a rare opportunity to sell Artificial Intelligence-based solution to one of the world’s oldest and critical industries at WatrHub, where you can influence positive change within one of the biggest societal challenges of our generation (water).
- You get to sell a disruptive solution with a compelling value proposition into an industry that is eager to hear from you and in a market with no direct competition.
- We live at the cross section of water, startup and data science. There is no other team like us in Toronto.
- There is no corporate bureaucracy here. You will accomplish more here in a few months than what you would in a few years at a large, entrenched technology company.
- Perks include company-paid transportation, health & fitness benefits, a training budget and work-from-wherever days in addition to your competitive salary and incentive plan.
- You get direct exposure to Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Tech Entrepreneurship and Water Infrastructure Markets from our in-house subject matter experts and industry titans.
- We work hard. We play hard. We are on a mission to solve water. We enjoy happy-hour patios, team lunches, exploring the food scene around our office, and rock-climbing together. We believe our team diversity makes us the best we can be!
Submit Your Application: Apply Now