Position: Analyst, Client Engagement and Growth Catalyst Program
Application Deadline: September 30, 2018
Reporting to the Manager, Client Engagement and Growth Catalyst Program, the Analyst, Client Engagement and Growth Catalyst Program, has three primary areas of focus: 1) Engaging WaterTAP’s diverse set of clients and stakeholders by assisting/maintaining full-cycle client centered processes and priorities by engaging, onboarding, triaging, tracking, and monitoring new or established client relationships 2) Assisting in the delivery of the Growth Catalyst program with tasks including recruitment, management, and follow-up on projects with enrolled clients and vendors, as well as the timely administration of contracts and reports 3) Managing client engagement and program impact/outcome data, draw insights, and inform departmental decisions through a compelling mix of quantitative and visual storytelling. The Analyst will undertake the following tasks:
CLIENT ENGAGEMENT (30%)
- Work under supervision of Manager, Client Engagement and Growth Catalyst Program, to maintain full-cycle client centered processes and priorities by engaging, onboarding, triaging, tracking, and monitoring new or established client relationships.
- Acts as front-line point-of-contact for clients and handles all client questions and inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to direct client needs and resolve issues.
- Identify activities, processes, and opportunities to improve client experience and maximize client value.
- Research new water-nexus verticals such as food and beverage, agriculture, mining, cannabis, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and textile manufacturing and report on technology landscape, market trends, regulatory changes, competitive landscape, and market access strategy to create new opportunities for clients.
- Collaborate (as needed) with Marketing and Communications and Change Leaders Lab to integrate client and sector intelligence into departmental activities, priorities, and outcomes.
GROWTH CATALYST (25%)
- Work under the supervision of Manager, Client Engagement and Growth Catalyst Program, to manage the Growth Catalyst Program intake process, assess prospects, and onboard enrolled clients.
- Assist in conducting in-depth client assessments to identify key barriers to business growth and candidates ideal for enrollment.
- Create proposals and contracts for enrolled clients and vendors, as well assist in timely administration of invoices and project reports.
- Follow up regularly with vendor and enrolled clients to ensure all issues are addressed and all intended outcomes are achieved on schedule.
- Maintain daily knowledge of the status of program pipeline and provide regular pipeline updates and KPIs to the Manager, Client Engagement and Growth Catalyst Program.
DATA MANAGEMENT (25%)
- Work under supervision of Manager, Client Engagement and Growth Catalyst Program, Marketing and Communications Department, and Change Leaders Lab to capture and centralize all client engagement (emails, calls, meetings, notes, projects etc.) and program outcome/impact data.
- Report to Manager, Client Engagement and Growth Catalyst Program, on monthly, quarterly, and annual departmental KPIs.
- Harmonize, optimize, and maintain all client centered databases (such as such CRM, excel lists, and online directory) across multiple WaterTAP departments, and update key marketing collateral such as ecosystem map, print directory, and online directory.
- Administer annual survey to water sector clients, and combine with client engagement and program outcome/impact data to draw deep insights about client issues, needs, and opportunities.
- Document processes, workflows, and use of tools to create guidelines that helps train staff on best practices to ensure excellent client service and data capture.
OTHER DUTIES (20%)
- Support (as needed) Manager, Client Engagement and Growth Catalyst Program, and Director, Access To Capital Program, on time sensitive high-value Growth Catalyst projects.
- The effectiveness of the Analyst will be measured by:
Robust processes and client facing activities that maximize client experience and drive client value.
- Robust centralized client intelligence (built off multiple client touch points) that can guide and inform program activities at WaterTAP.
- Use of compelling data-driven storytelling that can provide sector insights to government and water sector partners regionally and globally.
The person filling this position must have the following experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Business Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science (or related quantitative analysis experience in handling and analyzing data, and creating analytical reports), with 2+ years of experience in client service and/or partnership development. Applicants with a combination of both technical and client facing experience will be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, distil, and communicate complex concepts/ideas to non-technical audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work on a number of different projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated client or customer service and/or sales experience.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation).
- Excellent knowledge of using excel to process large datasets.
- Comfortable writing complex SQL queries to extract and integrate data from multiple database sources.
- Experience with data visualization and creating reports, dashboards, and visualizations from raw excel data using tools such as Tableau, Hive, Presto, or Vertica.
To be successful, the person filling this position must possess the following:
- Natural curiosity for data and using oral and written storytelling to share data driven insights.
- Demonstrated ability to act entrepreneurially and take projects from initiation, execution, to outcomes.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and ability to remain calm and focused in high pressure situations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise high level of diplomacy and discretion when engaging wide range of stakeholders.
- Excellent ability to collaborate with variety of people/groups/stakeholders to achieve shared vision and outcomes.
- Excellent professional presence and ability to represent the WaterTAP brand.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply in confidence, send a cover letter and Word version resume to hr@WaterTAPontario.com.
The position will be open until September 30, 2018. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the position shall remain open until a suitable candidate has been engaged.