Full-Time, Salaried + Benefits
Application Deadline: Tuesday, October 10, 2017
WaterTAP is looking for an experienced individual to join its Better Best Practices Initiative (BBPI) team in our mission to help Ontario’s thriving water sector grow globally.
The recently launched initiative will address critical challenges for the adoption of innovative water technologies. This work is part of WaterTAP’s mandate to identify and address barriers to innovation and growth in Ontario’s water sector.
The initiative is a series of collaborative projects that seek to improve water management in Ontario by addressing challenges to adoption faced by innovative technology companies, solution providers and end users. Primarily, these projects focus on working together to create opportunities for education and awareness as well as regulations, approvals, policies, procurement and funding mechanisms that build toward better best practices and, ultimately, position Ontario as a global water leader.
BBP projects will involve partnerships with other organizations and subject matter experts and also build upon current provincial efforts to “clear the path” and minimize or remove red tape.
The BBP Associate will be primarily responsible for supporting projects that fall under the initiative.
WaterTAP’s main roles are to connect, accelerate, and celebrate Ontario’s water sector. For this reason, everyone on our team is passionate about the sector – we are constantly communicating with companies, clients, and other stakeholders to help grow businesses and keep on top of opportunities.
This position is no exception. The person who fills this important role will join a busy and nimble team and will be expected to keep pace and deliver results that build on this work.
The successful candidate will join WaterTAP’s team in its downtown Toronto office.
The Associate reports to the Lead, Better Best Practices Initiative, but works closely with several members of the WaterTAP team. This person’s main responsibilities will be to contribute to a successful initiative by:
- Researching and analyzing regulatory, approval, and procurement policies in Ontario and other jurisdictions.
- Researching and drafting reports and case studies on water projects, outcomes, and challenges.
- Organizing, supporting, and summarizing stakeholder consultation “roundtable” sessions on the barriers to water innovation.
- Planning workshops, attending conferences, and creating presentations.
- Traveling to conferences, events, and client sites as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- University degree in environmental, engineering, planning, or policy-related areas.
- 5-10 years of demonstrated technical work experience in water/wastewater/stormwater engineering, or environment or planning government policy sectors.
- Well-developed project planning and implementation experience.
- Understanding of and firsthand experience with regulatory and procurement processes and challenges.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills to support a wide variety of requirements, from drafting reports to making presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Self-starter, demonstrating effective self-management and an ability to work with a team of dedicated and complementary professionals.
- High level of interest and enthusiasm for addressing the challenges identified under the BBPI.
- An active interest in WaterTAP’s mission to advance Ontario’s water sector.
The following qualifications are assets:
- P.Eng. or Planning certification
- Experience with or knowledge of innovative water technologies
- Workshop planning, design, and facilitation skills
- Experience working with a wide variety of diverse stakeholders.
- Experience with/knowledge of First Nations water and wastewater issues
Specific measures of success
1. Maintains high level of productivity with high degree of on-time task completion.
2. Functions as a trusted, knowledgeable, and approachable resource.
3. Continually seeks to improve knowledge and awareness of the Ontario water sector from all relevant perspectives including companies, technologies, policies, industry events and associations, global and local influences, etc.
4. Supports the WaterTAP team as required to enable team success and strengthen the WaterTAP value proposition and reputation.
5. Ensures 100% accountability and compliance with all applicable policies and procedures.
Eligible candidates should forward their submissions of interest, including CV and cover letter, to email@example.com.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. Consideration of applications for this position will commence on October 10, 2017 until the position is filled.